Scoil an Spioraid Naoimh (B)
Self-Evaluation Report and Improvement Plan
This document records the outcomes of our last improvement plan, the findings of this self-evaluation, and our current improvement plan, including targets and the actions we will implement to meet the targets.
- Outcomes of our last improvement plan from 2013 to 2016
- Numeracy – use of the school environment, problem solving
- Literacy – creative writing, various strands of reading.
1.2 The focus of this evaluation
We undertook self-evaluation of teaching and learning during the period April 17 to June 17. We evaluated the following aspect(s) of teaching and learning:
2.1 This is effective / very effective practice in our school
List the main strengths of the school in teaching and learning.
- High levels of Reading Ability
- Well above standard norms in Mathematics
- An excellent phonics scheme in operation at infant level
- High levels of Staff Morale
2.2. This is how we know
List the evidence sources. Refer to pupils’ dispositions, attainment, knowledge and skills.
- Analysis of Standardised Tests
- Staff Surveys
- Staff Meetings
- Classroom Tests
- Discussions with Parents
2.3 This is what we are going to focus on to improve our practice further
Specify the aspects of teaching and learning the school has identified and prioritised for further improvement.
- Numeracy – Measures, Problem Solving and Number
- Literacy – Reading Comprehension,
- Assessment – developing assessment of learning and for learning strategies
- Our improvement plan
On the next page we have recorded:
- The targets for improvement we have set
- The actions we will implement to achieve these
- Who is responsible for implementing, monitoring and reviewing our improvement plan
- How we will measure progress and check outcomes (criteria for success)
As we implement our improvement plan we will record:
- The progress made, and adjustments made, and when
- Achievement of targets (original and modified), and when